All in One Breakfast Patty
All in one Breakfast Patty
This breakfast patty is a make ahead of time and heat, eat, and go kinda breakfast. Eggs, bacon, spinach, onion, and sausage all-in-one. And yes, it is travel friendly.
- 1.5 pounds unseasoned pork (ground)
- 4 eggs (whisked)
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric (ground)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1.5 cup spinach or kale (chopped)
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (powder)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1.5 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Fry bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until done or heated through. Remove bacon. Once bacon has cooled chop into bite size pieces.
In a large mixing bowl place ground pork, cinnamon, garlic powder, fennel seed, dried sage, oregano, olive oil and coconut flour.
- Whisk eggs and turmeric in a small bowl and pour into same skillet. When the scrambled eggs are cooked through take off heat and let cook for a few minutes. Once cooled down a bit add to large mixing bowl of other ingredients.
- Return skillet back to heat and place butter and allow to melt. Once melted add onion and saute until translucent. Add in spinach and toss until slightly wilted. Again set aside for a few moments to cool and pour into bowl of other ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients well. Using a large scoop, make into 1 inch thick patties. Make any size desired. Once inch thick is about ideal thickness for these patties.
- Cook over medium to medium low heat in a non-stick skillet, cook on each side until golden brown and juices start to run clear on top. Cook with lid on skillet to help trap in moisture. Let sit for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Makes 8-10 patties depending on size
Tastes great with hot sauce and maple syrup