If you love to meal prep then this recipe is for you. Quick and easy with an added bonus of making the break room at work smell amazing!
Having odds and ends items left over from other recipe really is not a bad thing. As for the case with recipe. One quick trip to the store for some protein and crushed tomatoes…and boom this recipe was born.
I love quick and easy skillet meals that can also be tossed in the freezer, then pulled out for quick lunches later in the week or month. The meld and blend of everything is just what was needed after a long days hustle.
- 1 package ground meat such as beef, turkey, chicken or pork. I had a 1.25 pound size
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup green beans
- 3 whole jalapenos With or without seeds. You make that call
- 1 whole yellow onion chopped
- 1- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups shredded cabbage Equivalent of 1/4 whole head cabbage or one preshredded purchased coleslaw mix
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons All Purpose Herb Seasoning Mix use your favorite
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Kerrygold butter or Ghee
1. In a medium skillet cook the ground meat until browned and juices have been evaporated out or reabsorbed back into the meat. Stir in garlic powder and set aside.
2. In a medium to large skillet over medium heat the oil and butter/ghee. Add green beans and saute until they get a bubbly crinkle texture to them about 4-5 minutes.
3. Add in onion and jalapenos. Continue to saute until everything starts to soften and become aromatic.
4. Add in the cabbage and continue to saute over medium heat until wilted about 2-3 minutes.
5. Sprinkle fennel seed, seasoning, tomatoes, and tomato paste.
6. Combine well and carefully stir in ground meat.
7. Heat thoroughly and serve. Salt and pepper as desired