Step away from the bun and get your summertime go-to salad on! This hamburger salad is so versatile. Make one for yourself or bring the potluck pleaser. The ingredients are listed for one or two salads but can be converted to feed the crowd.
Single serve for meal or 2 sides
- 1/4 bag pre-chopped bag mixed lettuce 1/4 bag per person
- 1 whole tomato seeded and diced
- 1/2 half white or yellow onion diced
- 1 pound ground hamburger use about 1/4 pound hamburger per person
- 1-2 whole dill pickles sliced or diced
- mayo paleo friendly
- yellow mustard paleo friendly
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Cook hamburger long enough for the grease to reabsorb back into the meat and season with salt and pepper.
Build salad as desired and enjoy.
This would be easy to take to a potluck or easy picnic lunch. I would set everything out in separate containers or divided containers to let everyone build their own. Estimate 1/4 bag of lettuce and 1/4 pound of hamburger per person